I have always had a generally holistic outlook on life, but once our first baby was born, my hippie side really shone bright to make sure we could do all our healing at home! Any time our son had any sort of immunity challenge, I was in the kitchen brewing up a natural organic remedy. The one thing that become an absolute staple in our daily routine year round is our ORGANIC ELDERBERRY SYRUP! Over the past 3 years I have learned more about this magical berry and all of its amazing benefits and properties. I have experimented with different complimenting ingredients within the syrup, and have perfected the recipe to make it one of a kind, signature to Homestead Holistics! Creating these remedies is something that I am truly passionate about and enjoy making with skill and love. It’s a therapeutic feeling when whipping up these organic remedies in the kitchen, and knowing that I’m keeping my family of four healthy year round to live our best lives without missing a beat, is so rewarding in itself! I love being able to share the knowledge with my surrounding community, and educate others that haven’t heard of holistic healing and sickness prevention. Alongside elderberry syrup, I am always experimenting and searching for the best options to add to the collection for daily health! Only the best of the best are added to our product list, and the quality speaks for itself!!!
What is elderberry syrup and why do you keep hearing about it? Cold and flu season is no longer a thing on the Homestead, thanks to the highly effective elderberry which fights against colds, flu and allergies. Between the anti-inflammatory and anti-viral immunity building properties of elderberries as well as the natural enzymes in the local, raw, unfiltered honey we use, our organic elderberry syrup has become a household staple for us and our customers. In addition to elderberries, we also brew our syrup with a blend of Rosehips, Echinacea, Fresh Ginger, Lemon Peel, Orange Peel, Cinnamon and Cloves, which all have incredible health benefits of their own. And did we mentioned all of our ingredients are 100% organic! All you need is a tablespoon per day (teaspoon for kids) for health maintenance or every few hours if you’re actively fighting an illness or allergies, but we’re not complaining because it tastes so good! (Bonus: the kids love it too)! *We will soon be utilizing in our recipe, the incredible health benefits of aronia berries, which have the highest concentration of antioxidants than any other fruit! Keep your eye out for the addition!
The actions listed of each product are descriptions of their traditional uses and are for informational use only. The statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not meant to diagnose, prescribe, treat or cure disease or any other health issue, nor are they meant to replace or deny any advice from any other medical professional or doctor. Homestead Holistics will not be held responsible for any reactions, adverse effects, or misuse of its products or advice, as they are merely suggestions that the client chooses to use or not to use of his or her own free will. By purchasing Homestead Holistics products, the customer has agreed to and understands the above information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ELDERBERRY SYRUP?Elderberry syrup is a blend of elderberries, herbs & spices that create an anti-inflammatory & anti-viral concoction for your immune system to thrive on. Also a good source of vitamins A & C, as well as iron, potassium & antioxidants, elderberries are shown to help avoid colds, flu & allergies & speed up recovery in those who already have these illnesses.
2. WHAT IS IN OUR ELDERBERRY SYRUP?All ingredients in our unique blend of elderberry syrup are always 100% organic! In addition to Elderberries, each batch also contains Rosehips, Echinacea, Fresh Ginger, Lemon Peel, Orange Peel, Cinnamon, Cloves & Local Raw Unfiltered Honey, all of which have their own beneficial healing properties within themselves. (We will soon be adding ARONIA BERRIES to this blend).
3. HOW OFTEN DO YOU TAKE ELDERBERRY SYRUP AND WHAT IS A SERVING?For health maintenance & sickness prevention throughout the year, we recommend children over the age of 1 year take 1tsp daily, & adults 1Tbsp daily. When actively fighting an illness or allergies, take every 3 hours (or 3-5x daily).
(Unsweetened batches available upon request for babies 6 months to a year)
4. HOW DO YOU STORE ELDERBERRY SYRUP AND HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?There are no preservatives, thickeners, stabilizers, artificial sweeteners or additives of any kind in our elderberry syrup, so it must be refrigerated. We have found that shaking your jar often helps preserve it longer. Our elderberry syrup may last for varying lengths of time but we have discovered 60-90 days is usually minimum. It also freezes well (especially in cubes so you can defrost in small servings as needed) in which it will last for over 1 year.
5. IS ELDERBERRY SYRUP SAFE DURING PREGNANCY OR WHILE NURSING?It simply has not been researched conclusively to give a straight answer to this question, so we recommend consulting your healthcare provider before taking any new supplement or medication. (Message from the owner: “Personally, I made the choice to continue the use of elderberry syrup on a daily basis throughout both of my pregnancies and nursing my babies with no adverse affects. Still, I advise you to make your own decision with the help of your professional healthcare provider”).
6. IS ELDERBERRY SYRUP SAFE FOR KIDS?Generally, elderberry syrup is safe for children over 1 year of age, but is not recommended for children under 1 year as it contains honey. However, we do offer custom batches upon request of either unsweetened, maple syrup sweetened or any other ingredient you may need left out for any reason. Send us a message regarding custom orders.
7. HOW IS OUR SYRUP IS DIFFERENT THAN OTHERS ON THE MARKET?As we’ve mentioned above, we do not add any preservatives, thickeners, stabilizers, artificial sweeteners or additives of any kind. We sweeten our syrup with local raw unfiltered honey rather than the alternative glucose/sugars. Our syrup is also nearly half the cost of store bought syrup, and without all the additives, you get even more bang for your buck. We also create our syrup in small batches that are carefully tended to from start to finish, so you get the best quality every single time!
6940 Destiny Dr. Rocklin, CA. 95677
755 Sunrise Ave. Unit #115 Roseville, CA. 95661
1273 High St. Auburn St. Auburn, CA. 95603